Shake It Up!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Rules- READ

Go down

Roleplay Rules- READ Empty Roleplay Rules- READ

Post by Admin/CeCe Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:07 am

Roleplay Rules
1) Follow the forum rules.
2) No god-moding
3) No Mary-Sues/Gary Stus
4) If you play a canon character, please portray the character the way they are portrayed on the show.
5) Keep the plot the way the RP starter wants you to (Whether the RP starter is a staff member or a regular member.
6) The roleplay does not revolve around you, whether you are a staff member, the RP starter or a regular member.
7) OCs shall not be related to any major canon characters if all of the real siblings are revealed on the show. (CeCe+Flynn, Rocky+Ty, Gunther+Tinka)
More rules will be added if necessary.

Accepted/Recommended Roleplay Styles
Paragraph Style: Everything is written out, including actions, dialog, location, descriptions, etc.
No shortcuts are taken ex. OMG, lol, rofl, u, r, 1, 2, %, +. -. =. they should be written out oh my gosh, HAHAH, she rolled on the floor laughing, you, are, one, two, percent, plus, minus, equals. Numbers are always written out. Not text talk allowed.
Good for more descriptive RPing.
Grammar Freaks are required to RP this way.
Ex. CeCe grinned as an idea popped in her head. "I bet Dairy Queen was founded by the Queen of England! Hey, I bet we could get really good discounts there if she was there, you know, because I'm a girl!" She turned to Jake. "Don't you think so?"
(Taken from a private RP with Jake Kyris on MSN)

Shortened Style: Everything is short and to the point. Beginners are recommended to use this.
Shortcuts are used constantly. Text talk is slightly tolerated.
Good for fast posts and posts that don't involve much action.
When doing actions on Shortened Style, people often use symbols to show action. Ex. *insert action here*, - insert action here -, etc.
Anyone but the Grammar Freaks can use this.
Ex.
"Seriously?"
*puts hands on hips*
or
-pants as she comes to a stop-
"I hate running."

Allowances/You Can Do These
1) You can switch between Paragraph and Shortened roleplay
2) Other RP styles are allowed, but you have to explain it via PM to the Admin before you even RP to see if it's accepted.
3) If you have a side comment or something non-roleplay related, please post it in parentheses.
4) Emoticons are allowed.
More to come.

Admin/CeCe
Admin

https://shakeituproleplays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down